Cooktown Civil Lawyers | Civil Dispute Solicitors
GTC Civil Lawyers Cooktown | Civil Litigation Lawyers
Experienced. Effective. Affordable.
Being sued can be an incredibly stressful experience, as can suing someone else. Without adequate legal representation and accurate, plain English legal advice, you can end up severely out of pocket. This is regardless of whether you are the applicant, plaintiff, or the defendant. In some cases, the unsuccessful party can be made to pay the other party’s costs of the dispute. This can be in the thousands of dollars.
Civil Dispute Lawyers Cooktown
Our Cooktown lawyers are:
- committed to protecting your legal rights by providing you with the best possible legal advice;
- experts in the fields of Civil and Litigation law;
- known for their passion for the law and for their professional service.
Looking for a Civil Lawyer nearby in Cooktown?
Our lawyers have achieved excellent outcomes for clients in all areas of civil law, including:
- Commercial disputes;
- Powers of Attorney and guardianship;
- Wills, estates and probate;
- Credit and debt recovery;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency;
- Residential and commercial tenancy disputes;
- Council matters;
- Consumer rights;
- Trademarks, copyright and design rights;
- Small business and start ups; and
- Corporate structures and partnerships.
Employment Lawyers Cooktown
- Employment Law in Queensland
- Unfair Dismissal
- Sexual Harassment
- Working with Children Blue Card
- Workplace Discrimination
- Workplace Bullying
Neighbourhood Dispute Lawyer Cooktown
Residential Leasing Disputes Cooktown
- Landlord and Tenant Rights and Obligations – Residential
- Tenant Rights and Obligations – Residential
- Landlord Rights and Obligations – Residential
- Residential Tenancies Queensland
- Breaking a Lease in Qld
- Bond Refunds in Qld
- Renting with a Pet in Queensland
Commercial Leasing Disputes Cooktown
Civil Law Taxation Lawyers
We recommend booking a one hour conference with your Cooktown lawyer before going to court. You will get expert advice on what you should do, the likely outcome and any preparation you need to do beforehand. You will also get a fixed quote on the cost for you to be represented in your local Court on the day.
If you prefer, you can meet your lawyer at Cooktown Magistrates Court without the need for a conference beforehand. Some examples of when this will suit you are adjournments, simple pleas or when your case is listed for directions from the court (not a final hearing). And if you are not on bail, you may not even need to attend.
Cooktown Magistrates Court
The Cooktown Magistrates Court is at 172 Charlotte St, Cooktown and has the operating hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. The Courthouse is located on the waterfront, beside the police station and near the intersection of Charlotte and Hill Streets.
Cooktown is around 330 kilometres or 4 hours drive north of Cairns along the Mulligan Highway. It is set on Cape York Peninsula amongst World Heritage-listed rainforest, at the mouth of the Endeavour River, the perfect place for a crocodile encounter.
The town is steeped in history, having provided safe-haven to its namesake, Captain James Cook when his ship, the Endeavour, sustained damage after striking a reef. Home to around 2000 people, it is a popular tourist destination, not only because of its many historical landmarks, but also because of the recreational and adventure activities on offer.
For expert advice and strong representation call Go to Court Lawyers Cooktown on 1300 636 846.
Free Legal Resources
- Making a Will in QLD
- Challenging a Will in QLD
- De Facto Partnership
- Contesting a Will in QLD
- Power of Attorney in Queensland
- Probate in Queensland
- Getting a Grant of Probate in QLD
Civil Law Resources
- Contested Will Cases: Wylie & Anor v Wylie | Grimsley v Paul
- Powers of Attorney Act 1998
- Succession Act 1981
- Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999
- Land Titles Act
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Public Service Act 2008
Alanna was fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anyone better, she tended to my needs, was there when I needed her and also had great communication. She was kind and consecrate of my needs and did a fantastic job.