Criminal Lawyers Cooktown | Criminal Defence Lawyers
GTC Criminal Lawyers Cooktown | Criminal Litigation Lawyers
When you or a loved one is facing criminal charges or are under investigation, it is essential to obtain legal advice. However, not any legal advice will do because you deserve the best. Thankfully, the Go To Court Lawyers criminal law team in Cooktown are experts in the field who are here to help in your time of need.
Looking for a Criminal Defence Lawyer Nearby in Cooktown?
Go To Court’s Cooktown criminal lawyers specialise in all areas of criminal law in Queensland, including:
- Domestic violence and intervention orders;
- Break and enter;
- Murder and manslaughter;
- Drink driving;
- Police misconduct applications;
- Traffic offences;
- Bail applications;
- Public nuisance; and
- Drug charges.
When charged with a criminal offence, it is normal to feel confused and uncertain about what do. It is important that you do not act without first considering your options.
Domestic Violence Orders
- Applying for a Domestic Violence Order in Queensland
- Domestic Violence Order Breaches in Queensland
- Domestic Violence Orders and Going Interstate (Qld)
- DVOs and Children (Qld)
- Leaving a Domestic Violence Relationship (Qld)
- What is Domestic Violence? (Qld)
- Protection Orders in Queensland
- Abortion in Queensland
- Age of Consent
- Animal Cruelty
- Assault Offences
- Assault on Queensland Police
- Attempted Offences and Conspiracy
- Child Exploitation Material Offences
- Child Protection Offender Register in Queensland
- Computer Crime
- Contempt of Court
- Drug Offences
- Firearms Offences
- Homelessness and the Law
- Licence Suspension for Unpaid Fines
- Listening Devices in Queensland
- Medical Cannabis Laws
- Murder and Manslaughter
- Offensive Behaviour Charges in Queensland
- Public Health Emergencies
- Public Nuisance Offences in Queensland
- Revenge Porn Offences
- Riot Offences
- Robbery Offences
- Serious Violent Offences
- Sex Work Law Queensland
- Stealing Offences in Queensland
- The Offence of Arson
- Trafficking Dangerous Drugs
- Unlawful Stalking in Queensland
QLD Legal Hotline open 7am to midnight, 7 days on 1300 636 846. Speak to the experts today!
We recommend booking a 1 hour conference with your Cooktown lawyer before going to court. You will get expert advice on what you should do, the likely outcome and any preparation you need to do beforehand. You will also get a fixed quote on the cost for you to be represented in Cooktown Magistrates Court on the day.
If you prefer, you can meet your lawyer at Cooktown Magistrates Court without the need for a conference beforehand. Some examples of when this will suit you are adjournments, simple pleas or when your case is listed for directions from the court (not a final hearing). And if you are not on bail, you may not even need to attend.
Cooktown Magistrates Court
The Cooktown Magistrates Court is at 172 Charlotte St, Cooktown and has the operating hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. The Courthouse is located on the waterfront, beside the police station and near the intersection of Charlotte and Hill Streets.
Cooktown is around 330 kilometres or 4 hours drive north of Cairns along the Mulligan Highway. It is set on Cape York Peninsula amongst World Heritage-listed rainforest, at the mouth of the Endeavour River, the perfect place for a crocodile encounter.
The town is steeped in history, having provided safe-haven to its namesake, Captain James Cook when his ship, the Endeavour, sustained damage after striking a reef. Home to around 2000 people, it is a popular tourist destination, not only because of its many historical landmarks, but also because of the recreational and adventure activities on offer.
For expert advice and strong representation call Go to Court Lawyers Cooktown on 1300 636 846.
Free Legal Information available at your fingertips
Nothing beats personalised advice from a qualified lawyer but we also like to keep you informed through our award-wining website.
You can explore a range of articles written and edited by our team of lawyers. We have plain English legal articles which set out your rights in the most understandable way. Some of the articles that clients have found most useful include:
- Assault Charges in Australia;
- Good Behaviour Bonds;
- Breach of Bail in Queensland;
- Giving a Police Statement;
- Drug Offences in Queensland;
- No Conviction Recorded and Spent Convictions in Queensland; and
- Penalty Units.
Criminal Court Processes QLD
- Children’s Court in Queensland
- Committal Proceedings
- Court Etiquette in Queensland
- Double Jeopardy
- Jury Duty
- Pleading Guilty in the Magistrates Court
- Private Prosecutions
Criminal law in the news
Our legal writing team also maintain our legal news blog. Here is where you can access interesting articles and blogs about current issues in criminal law, such as:
- Domestic and Family Violence in Queensland;
- 1am Lockout Law Abandoned by Queensland, Other Measures to Be Taken;
- Political blogger charged with unlawful stalking;
- GTC launches an Australian-first legal advice app;
- Clown “purge” likely to lead to arrests; and
- Medical marijuana legalised in Queensland.
Queensland criminal law FAQS
- What is Consent?
- What Happens After An Arrest?
- When Can Police Enter Premises?
- How Does a DVPO Affect My Weapons License?
- What is Domestic Violence?
- What is a Contested Hearing?
- What is a QP9?
Alanna was fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anyone better, she tended to my needs, was there when I needed her and also had great communication. She was kind and consecrate of my needs and did a fantastic job.