Cairns Criminal Lawyers | Expert Criminal Litigation
GTC Criminal Lawyers Cairns | Criminal Solicitors in Cairns
If you’ve been charged with a criminal offence, or believe you are about to be charged, you need good criminal law advice ASAP!
When you or a loved one is facing criminal charges or are under investigation, it is essential to obtain legal advice. However, not any legal advice will do because you deserve the best. Thankfully, the Go To Court Lawyers criminal law team in Cairns are experts in the field who are here to help in your time of need.
Looking for a Criminal Defence Lawyer Nearby in Cairns?
Go To Court’s Cairns criminal lawyers specialise in all areas of criminal law in Queensland, including:
- Domestic violence and intervention orders;
- Break and enter;
- Murder and manslaughter;
- Drink driving;
- Police misconduct applications;
- Traffic offences;
- Bail applications;
- Public nuisance; and
- Drug charges.
When charged with a criminal offence, it is normal to feel confused and uncertain about what do. It is important that you do not act without first considering your options.
Domestic Violence Orders
- Applying for a Domestic Violence Order in Queensland
- Domestic Violence Order Breaches in Queensland
- Domestic Violence Orders and Going Interstate (Qld)
- DVOs and Children (Qld)
- Leaving a Domestic Violence Relationship (Qld)
- What is Domestic Violence? (Qld)
- Protection Orders in Queensland
- Abortion in Queensland
- Age of Consent
- Animal Cruelty
- Assault Offences
- Assault on Queensland Police
- Attempted Offences and Conspiracy
- Child Exploitation Material Offences
- Child Protection Offender Register in Queensland
- Computer Crime
- Contempt of Court
- Drug Offences
- Firearms Offences
- Homelessness and the Law
- Licence Suspension for Unpaid Fines
- Listening Devices in Queensland
- Medical Cannabis Laws
- Murder and Manslaughter
- Offensive Behaviour Charges in Queensland
- Public Health Emergencies
- Public Nuisance Offences in Queensland
- Revenge Porn Offences
- Riot Offences
- Robbery Offences
- Serious Violent Offences
- Sex Work Law Queensland
- Stealing Offences in Queensland
- The Offence of Arson
- Trafficking Dangerous Drugs
- Unlawful Stalking in Queensland
QLD Legal Hotline open 7am to midnight, 7 days on 1300 636 846. Speak to the experts today!
We recommend booking a 1 hour conference with your local lawyer before going to court. You will get expert advice on what you should do, the likely outcome and any preparation you need to do beforehand. You will also get a fixed quote on the cost for you to be represented in your local Court on the day.
Cairns Magistrates Court
The Cairns Magistrates Court has the operating hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. The Cairns Magistrates Court is at 5D Sheridan Street, Cairns. If you are using public transport, the Magistrates Court is 900 metres from Cairns Central Shopping Centre.
Cairns International Airport is located 7 km north of Cairns city with direct flights to 18 international and 30 domestic destinations. Located on the east coast of Cape York Peninsula, with a population of 145,000 people, Cairns serves as the major commercial centre for North Queensland.
Once a sugar-milling town, Cairns is now a popular tourist destination famous for fishing, diving and crocodile spotting tours, the safest place to escape the tropical heat in Cairns is the saltwater lagoon located on the Cairns Esplanade.
Free Legal Information
You can explore a range of articles written and edited by our team of lawyers. We have plain English legal articles which set out your rights in the most understandable way. Some of the articles that clients have found most useful include:
- Assault Charges in Australia;
- Good Behaviour Bonds;
- Breach of Bail in Queensland;
- Giving a Police Statement;
- Drug Offences in Queensland;
- No Conviction Recorded and Spent Convictions in Queensland; and
- Penalty Units.
Criminal Court Processes QLD
- Children’s Court in Queensland
- Committal Proceedings
- Court Etiquette in Queensland
- Double Jeopardy
- Jury Duty
- Pleading Guilty in the Magistrates Court
- Private Prosecutions
Criminal law in the news
Our legal writing team also maintain our legal news blog. Here is where you can access interesting articles and blogs about current issues in criminal law, such as:
- Domestic and Family Violence in Queensland;
- 1am Lockout Law Abandoned by Queensland, Other Measures to Be Taken;
- Political blogger charged with unlawful stalking;
- GTC launches an Australian-first legal advice app;
- Clown “purge” likely to lead to arrests; and
- Medical marijuana legalised in Queensland.
Queensland criminal law FAQS
Alanna was fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anyone better, she tended to my needs, was there when I needed her and also had great communication. She was kind and consecrate of my needs and did a fantastic job.